COVID19 RAPID TESTING PROGRAM
Builders Group [Basement Builders & Garage Builders] is proud to announce that our staff and trades are being regularly & randomly tested for Covid19 using rapid test kits that we have acquired. The test results are available to our staff and trades within 15 minutes of taking the test.
The specialized tests are Health Canada approved and are considered to be of the highest standard of rapid tests available in Canada.
Along with our current COVID19 policy (see below) and our new rapid testing program, we are setting the bar high to ensure our clients, employees, and trades are all being proactive and safe during these trying times.
Builders Group (Basement Builders, Garage Builders, Umbrella Construction) takes the health and safety of our employees and clients very seriously. With the spread of the coronavirus or “COVID-19,” we must remain vigilant in mitigating the outbreak. Builder Group is a proud part of the construction industry, which has been deemed “essential” during this time of uncertainty. In order to be safe and maintain operations, we have developed this COVID-19 Exposure Prevention, Preparedness, and Response Plan to be implemented, to the extent feasible and appropriate, throughout the Company and at all of our job sites.
Builders Group is asking every one of our employees and clients to help with our prevention efforts while at work and in our client’s homes. In order to minimize the spread of COVID-19 at our job sites, everyone must play their part. As set forth below, the Company has instituted various housekeeping, social distancing, and other best practices at our job sites. All employees must follow these. In addition, employees and clients are expected to report to their managers or supervisors if they are experiencing signs or symptoms of COVID-19, or have been in contact with anyone who may be considered high risk, as described below
- Frequently wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. When soap and running water are unavailable, use an alcohol-based hand rub with at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, or mouth with unwashed hands.
- Follow appropriate respiratory etiquette, which includes coverage for coughs and sneezes.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- In addition, employees must familiarize themselves with the symptoms
In addition, employees must familiarize themselves with the symptoms of COVID-19, which include the following:
- Shortness of breath, difficulty breathing; and
- Early symptoms such as chills, body aches, sore throat, headache, diarrhea, nausea/vomiting, and runny nose.
If you develop a fever and symptoms of respiratory illness, such as cough or shortness of breath, DO NOT GO TO WORK and call your supervisor and healthcare provider right away. Likewise, if you come into close contact with someone showing these symptoms, call your supervisor and healthcare provider right away.
General Safety Policies and Rules
- Any employee/contractor/visitor showing symptoms of COVID-19 will be asked to leave the job site and return home.
- Employees must avoid physical contact with others and shall direct others (coworkers/contractors/clients) to increase personal space to at least six (6) feet, where possible.
- All in-person meetings will be limited. To the extent possible, meetings will be conducted by telephone.
- Builders Group understands that due to the nature of our work, access to running water for handwashing may be impracticable. In these situations, the Company will provide, if available, alcohol-based hand sanitizers and/or wipes.
- Employees, coworkers/contractors/clients are requested to wear a mask while entering and exiting a job site.
- Employees should ask other occupants to keep a personal distance of six (6) feet at a minimum. Workers should wash or sanitize hands immediately before starting and after completing the work.
Jobsite Exposure Situations
- Employee Exhibits COVID-19 Symptoms
If an employee exhibits COVID-19 symptoms, the employee must remain at home until he or she is symptom-free for 72 hours (3 full days) without the use of fever-reducing or other symptom-altering medicines (e.g., cough suppressants). The Company will similarly require an employee who reports working with symptoms to return home until he or she is symptom-free for 72 hours (3 full days). To the extent practical, employees are required to obtain a doctor’s note clearing them to return to work.
- Client Exhibits COVID-19 Symptoms or has been directed to self-quarantine by authorized authorities.
If a Client exhibits COVID-19 symptoms or has been asked to quarantine, the client must contact Builders Group immediately. All work will be suspended until such time that the clients to inform us of a negative COVID-19 test and are clear of all symptoms.
- Employee Tests Positive for COVID-19
An employee who tests positive for COVID-19 will be directed to self-quarantine away from work.
Employees that test positive and are symptom-free may return to work when at least seven (7) days have passed since the date of his or her first positive test and have not had a subsequent illness.
Employees who test positive and are directed to care for themselves at home may return to work when: (1) at least 72 hours (3 full days) have passed since recovery, and at least seven (7) days have passed since symptoms first appeared.
Employees who test positive and have been hospitalized may return to work when directed to do so by their medical care providers. The Company will require an employee to provide documentation clearing his or her return to work.
- Client Tests Positive for COVID-19
A Client who tests positive for COVID-19 will have all site activities halted until such time as a negative test result has been provided and or a 14-day quarantine with no symptoms has passed.
- Employee Has Close Contact with an Individual Who Has Tested Positive for COVID-19
Employees who have come into close contact with an individual who has tested positive for COVID-19 (co-worker or otherwise) will be directed to self-quarantine for 14 days from the last date of close contact with that individual. Close contact is defined as six (6) feet for a prolonged period of time. If the Company learns that an employee has tested positive, the Company will conduct an investigation to determine co-workers who may have had close contact with the confirmed positive employee in the prior 14 days and direct those individuals who have had close contact with the confirmed-positive employee to self-quarantine for 14 days from the last date of close contact with that employee.
If applicable, the Company will also notify any subcontractors, vendors/suppliers, or clients who may have had close contact with the confirmed-positive employee.
Covid-19 Policy Questions?
Please let us know if you have any questions regarding this policy.